The advent of the internet brought in several benefits, thefrenzymag online shopping being one of them. Shopping online has many advantages.
1. Home delivery: Just by sitting at home, we can make our list of weekly groceries, visit a website (e.g. vegwala.com), and have the items delivered at our doorstep. A two hour ordeal gets done with a few clicks. Online shopping is definitely a good option for repetitive purchases – i.e. purchase of products of known brands that one has used before. For a high-value first time purchase, we might want to visit a store, touch and feel the product, perhaps see a demo, aussielives and then purchase it. However, with product reviews and product comparisons easily available online, making such purchases online may not be that risky.
2. Frees up limited time: These days, with extended working hours, no one finds the time for mundane shopping even on weekends. We would rather use the time to watch a movie, meet friends or finish some other pending household chores. It also saves us the hassle of driving, parking the car, shopping around, queuing at the counter to pay, and carrying heavy bags back to the car or home.
3. Send gifts to friends and relatives: There’s nothing better than receiving a parcel at your doorstep on your birthday. Online stores such as Amazon and Flipkart make it possible for us to order a nice gift for someone, and ship it across to them on their special day.
4. Greater choice: With online shopping, one can visit multiple stores, and get a larger choice of brands, as opposed to visiting a store, smallbusinessnearme and being constrained by the products currently available then.
5. Eliminates middlemen: Even purchasing flight tickets online can be considered shopping online. With sites such as cleartrip.com and makemytrip.com, one can get the cheapest fares and most convenient travel options, without having to visit a travel agent, thereby eliminating the need to pay an intermediate agent.
6. Purchase based recommendations: Some sophisticated websites make use of analytics to recommend an item, say a dress or trousers, web scraping API based on the history of your purchase of similar items. That perfect dress is probably not something you would have chanced upon at a store, but you are able to buy it online because of the targeted recommendation.
In spite of the benefits of online shopping, some might question the security of online payment options. However, trusted websites tie up with reliable payment providers. One just needs to be careful where one shops online.